- Most places directly opposite from where you are will dump you in the middle of some ocean instead of on some piece of land with a nice neat name.
- The furthest place away from any of us in the 48 contiguous United States and Canada is somewhere in the Indian Ocean (which, by the way, while we are on the subject of being far away from here, wouldn't be terrible on a nice roomy yacht that's very well stocked with great wine and gin and good friends and lots of grapes and cheese and a little omelet station manned by a guy in a chef's hat. Oh, and chocolate. Strawberries, too. Fondue style, maybe. And stern enforcement of a no asshats allowed policy as posted.).
- The opposite of Hawaii is roughly Botswana, while the opposite of Alaska is either in or just super close to Antarctica (how's that for a choice? - be sure to pack that scarf your auntie knitted for you in either case).
- Spain and New Zealand are opposites, as are Singapore and Equador, and Taiwain and Paraguay.
- Sometimes it's funny to Google feelings and frustrations because in cases like this, you can wind up daydreaming about being on a yacht or at least knowing more specifically where mean when you are trying to get as far away as possible (also helpful in case someone has the audacity to challenge you).
- Challenging me today really wouldn't be that hot of an idea because I can be a little crunchy and snippy right out of the gate simply because I am in this place as opposed to the other.
Today is smoke-free day 379, and I'm still counting.