Thirteen Things About Me
Physical Attributes Version
It's what's inside that counts, but here's what I walk around with outside that people will see whether they get to know me or not.
- I have brown hair with a natural reddish cast that comes out with the sun.
- I don't dye my hair, but I may be starting soon as the gray has started to catch up with me. I'm thinking more reddish...
- I have blue eyes.
- Sometimes my eyes are more a bluish-greenish. They seem to change depending on mood or what I'm wearing. Or maybe I'm just nuts.
- I wear glasses. I'm nearsighted (can't see far away = nearsighted, right?). My eyesight isn't terrible, but just enough to need glasses, and now that I have a frame I like, I wear them as much as I'm supposed, which is most of the time.
- My nails grow really nicely (once I stopped biting them in college), and I found that I often have to trim them when they get too long because they don't break off unless I do something dumb or painful.
- I am 5'2". Living in Japan I got used to saying that I was 155 cm. I was close, but it's more like 157 cm. In the US I'm fairly short and have trouble finding pants that fit properly, but in Japan, everything seemed more "right-sized" for me.
- I have a very small frame. Just the way I was made. I've always been just a little bit with a very big mouth.
- My mouth doesn't appear to be that big just by looking, but once I get talking, it really is. (Surprising, I know.)
- Sometimes the Taco Bell and other drive through activities add padding to my little frame, and I really notice it when I do. Right now I am within reach of where I want to be and am within the range of my ideal weight. It has been a very conscious decision requiring my attention, cooperation, willingness to move my body and willpower to not eat everything I've wanted to (because I do love to eat), all since about late March, and it's paying off now.
- Most of the women in my family are, um, well endowed. I just got the brown hair thing.
- And I got my dad's huge feet to go with my little body, but I'm learning to love my feet as a part of me.
- My skin is very pale, and I have some freckles. I burn easily and only get the slightest tan, and I don't bother trying anymore considering all the damage I'm sure the cooking oil experiments did when I was younger and not nearly as intelligent as I am now.
I can't see my lungs, but I bet they are pinker and happier this way.