- The light bulb burned out in the computer room, and I haven't bothered to replace it because I kind of like it dark.
- I've experienced a wider than normal assortment of emotions. I'm either just still living the human experience, or I've crossed into something new. I'm cool with either.
- One kitty woke me up around 3AM two nights in a row having tummy trouble after he'd been doing better for several days. One of those nights it was right on the damn bed, and both nights I hated that I was awake cleaning bedding/carpets at 3AM. I love my meows much, but I cleaned without a smile.
- After a $211 vet bill for blood work related to said ongoing tummy trouble, there is no known cause (and thankfully not some of the fears), but a $6 box of Pepcid cut up as instructed by the vet seems to be working, and I wish I had held more firm on trying that before getting out my wallet. Again.
- Total vet costs for the past 30 days is now over $1500 for 3 healthy cats with bad teeth plus the above little ongoing tummy trouble. Thankfully, it's probably nothing serious, but I spend less on my own medical care (knocking wood, furiously), and I have opposable thumbs and don't pee in a box (OK, well, one of them sometimes doesn't either. But still.).
- I developed a callous on my toe bad enough that it tore through the cloth on one of my sandals making it feel really strange, but I'm sure I won't buy new sandals because I'm a tightwad (and the cat people have all my money anyway because the callous was on my foot instead of my heart).
- I bought a cute new little foot file thingy for the shower, though. And a pair of those exfoliating shower glove thingies, too. Both under $5 total together but worth a bazillion. The joy of showering has returned, and all around me are delighted and rejoicing with songs and candy. Maybe just me.
- I've talked this week to people (aside from icky, boring work calls) in Los Angeles, Chicago, Indianapolis, Tulsa, South Carolina (or North, the direction states confuse me), and I owe a call to Dallas. Florida should be on my list for this weekend, too.
- Someone made arrangements to fly out to see me from one of those places, and I'm all giddy and excited. You'll hear more, and there will be pictures.
- I may be making arrangements to fly out to see someone else from one of those places. Possibly. Maybe not. Hope so. The variables are contributing to #2.
- At some moments I've considered not blogging and not doing Thursday Thirteen this week.
- In another moment at 2:10AM on Thursday morning I decided to write anyway, so here I am.This is the kind of awesomely unparalleled talent you get when I randomly decide crap at 2:10 in the morning.
- I have just barely started to scratch the surface of learning about doing layers in photo editing, and I was really thrilled that it only took me 6 months to learn how to do a black and white background with just a part or two in color like I did in this post. (Short answer: Basically, I changed the top layer to black and white, left the bottom layer in color and then used the eraser tool on the top layer, and I'm annoyed that nobody stated the process so simply, but now you know if you didn't already.)
Today is smoke-free day 396, and I'm still counting.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants