- A guy named Jdimytai Damour takes a job as a temp.
- Maybe he needed some cash for the holidays, or maybe times are just as tough for him as for a lot of folks.
- He gets an assignment doing maintenance and/or stocking shelves overnight at a WalMart.
- The day after Thanksgiving, this 34 year
oldyoung man is trampled to death by shoppers.
- Some shoppers are annoyed that they can't keep shopping, considering how long they waited in line and all, and never mind that a man is dead.
- What a total perversion of the meaning and spirit of Christmas (from either a religious or secular viewpoint of the holiday), but sadly it's really not so surprising considering how we act toward one another anymore, is it?
- I don't know what the solution is, but my heart hurts for Jdimytai Damour's family having to somehow cope with something so shocking and senseless when they shouldn't have to because it's just not fair and always salt in the wound that much sadder this time of year, and I can only hope that others around them will share the love and peace and goodwill toward men that is supposed to be the real spirit of the holiday.